To deploy EAR/SCA file to your SAP AS Java server, you’ll need SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (version >= 7.31).
SAP NWDS can be downloaded from SAP web site:
- NWDS 7.50 : open Software Downloads and enter NW DEVELOPER STUDIO 7.50 into search field, choose the latest installaction package (one having highest SP version)
- Open NWDS and switch Perspective to Deployment by selecting menu Window->Open Perspective->Other…
- Choose perspective Deployment
- Go to menu Window->Preferences and select SAP AS Java from the list on the left side. Click the Add button to add the system you’d like to deploy EAR/SCA into:
- Enter the parameters of your system(Instance Number can be easily deduced from Java system’s port number – e.g. if the server works on port 50100, its Instance Number is 01) and confirm with OK button
Leave Preferences window by clicking OK button
- Select the SAP system in Repository Explorer window and click Import button in Deployment List section
- In the Import window, select option File System if your EAR/SCA file isn’t a part of your current Workspace. Click the Finish button and select the location of your EAR/SCA file on your local computer
- Make sure that you selected the right file and click the Start button
- If you want to re-deploy the same EAR/SCA, you have to select option Update deployed archives that have the same or lower component versions than the selected ones in the Settings section
- After a successful deployment your EAR/SCA will appear under your system in the Repository Explorer window
Congratulations! You’ve successfully deployed EAR/SCA into your SAP AS Java system.
Still cannot solve your issue?
Our experts are always ready to help.
Get in touch and ask for a consulting offer.