The installation process is divided into 2 simple steps (total installation time – 15 minutes):
Deployment of SCA file to SAP AS Java (NWDS)
Extract the ZIP file that you received to any folder on your computer.The ZIP archive contains only one SCA file (Software Component Archive). Deploy the extracted SCA to your Java Application Server (AS Java) following the guide from the Knowledge Base.
Definition of a task in Java Scheduler (NWA)
- Log into your SAP AS Java system and open SAP NetWeaver Admiministrator (NWA)
- Go to tab Operations->Jobs and open Java Scheduler
- On Java Scheduler screen go to tab Tasks and click the Add button
- Select KeystoreMonitorJob from the list and click Next
- On Set Details screen you can leave the default values and click the Next button
- On the next screen define the task’s parameters and click Next
- EmailSender (optional) – sender e-mail address (mail.from parameter from JavaMail service is used if the parameter is not set)
- EmailRecipients– e-mail addresses of the recipients (comma-separated)
- ShowExpired – the notification e-mail will contain a list of expired certificates if selected
- DaysCritical – the number of days before certificate expiration when critical notification is sent
- DaysAttention – the number of days before certificate expiration when attention notification is sent
- Certificates – list of certificates to be checked (comma-separated, names can contain wildcards). Default value * – all Certificates
- KeystoreViews – list of Key Store Views to be checked (comma-separated, names can contain wildcards). Default value * – all Key Store Viewes
- In the last step you define the execution time of the job. Go to tab Cron and enter the execution Details (in the example below, the job is scheduled to run every Monday).
- Click on the Finish button to complete the Task definition.
SAP AS Java Keystore Monitor is set up and ready for work.